STD, HIV Clinic Dubai, UAE
Working Hours Hiv Testing Dubai
LIVING WITH HIV? WANT TO TALK TO US?
Cosmocare Working Hours
STD/STI Test & Treatment
Trusted care, since 2000
2nd December Street, P.O.Box 126590, Dubai - UAE.
Preparation for STD tests:
- Fasting is NOT required.
- Urine test is a part of STD screen. Please come to the clinic without voiding urine for 1 to 2 hours.
- Initial stream of urine (beginning part of urination) is important for STD tests.
- Initial 10 ml of the urine that washes out the urethra is required.
- Avoid collecting more than 10 ml. Larger quantity will dilute the sample and may compromise the accuracy of test.
- Some STDs are tested regionally. For example, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tested in genitalia will not reveal these infections in throat or rectum.
- Relevant sites should be tested independently based on the nature of the exposure.
STD & HIV: Sexually transmitted infections increase the risk of HIV acquisition and transmission by fivefold. WHO. Report on global sexually transmitted infection surveillance. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization 2013